In other news,I'm bringing you this update one week after our pilot release! A security update.What entails a security update? Well, it's back-end changes targetted to provide the upmost care in keeping your account information safe.All sensitive information dealing web pages are now encrypted with 256-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.Pages such as registration, log in, resetting your password, and your account user panel, are now secured by HTTPS.Please make sure that when you log into UCI Circle K that you only do it if there is a green lock next to your address bar and that the URL is prefixed with https://Awesome!
That's it for now! I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to finding bugs or have requested specific features.More feedback changes!Pop overs, such as the one when you sign up for an event, are no longer annoying! They now work as expected. If you click outside the popover, they disappear. If you click on the button that opened the popover, it will toggle it.The navigation bar at the top of the page now is fluid and has a little animation when you hover over the links.After you sign up for an event, whenever you see the sign up/retire button in the future prior to the event, you will have access to modifying the sign up details you set when you first signed up!You are now emailed confirmation whenever your account is approved.
At your service,We're almost reaching one week of being available to the public! It's an exciting time with many changes! I am proud of the updates that I've been making the past few days! I really do think they'll lend to a better experience overall.While the changes today are not as apparent, they are indeed there to improve your Circle K experience!Changes:
- On the CERF, you are now allowed to use your tab button. It will no longer fail to initialize the magical drop down list by using tab. :) This may help you speed up while filling out CERFs!
- Sign up sheets have now been redesigned slightly, they no longer depend on modal drop downs.
- On the administrative side, we now have the ability to merge pending accounts. This means we can add "ghost" accounts with less repercussions.
- Also on the administrative side, we can now sort through the roster and see which members have excelled in service in each month!New feature:
- Forgotten Password Reset Tool - Yes! It's finally here. You now can request to reset your password when you forget your password. I have gotten many comments regarding resetting passwords, and now it's possible! If you forget your password, you can look for the "forgot password" link on the login page.That's it for now! Keep on serving, Service Knights! Come out to our events, listed to the right!
Service Knights, it has been a long hard week. Indeed, bugs must be squashed! Bugs must be vindicated!
Bugs must proliferate!Hmm.. that last one didn't come out right.The night is young, and young am I! I have changed more things, due to your priceless feedback.Changes in the 0.6.5beta patch:
- The Splash Page is now skipped for mobile users.
- The Kiwanis Family section of the Club Event Report Form has been reworded from feedback.
- Feedback is now given for getting no results back from searching users instead of hanging with a spinning animation.
- When you successfully add a user to the CERF, the name should now be greyed out.
- There is now a visible counter as you add and remove people from the CERF. This may be useful for when you want to double check.
- I have added step numbers on the Registration page (eg. Step 1 of 6)
- The Leaderboards now track people who turn in approved CERFs!New features:
- Events now have their own dedicated page. For chairs, this is also one more place to find the link to the sign up sheet.
- Calendar events now link to the appropriate event page.
- There is a new carriage return easter egg carriage return...
Yesterday marked the first day that the website was open for public consumption! There have been a lot of changes due to your feedback! Please don't hesitate to criticize anything on the website, as it is your website too! I only want the best experience for you. If you know how to do that, don't hesitate to contact me!The following changes due to feedback:
- Pending CERF Color: Yellow Background -> Blue Background
- CERF Add Member Button: Fixed a minor graphical issue
- CERF Event Time: I have removed the unnecessary seconds option
- Formal Pictures: User accounts now have the ability to support formal pictures. The context will depend on whether or not this will be used. This is mainly used for contact pages for positions.
- Sorting Board Members: I have added the ability to sort by position name on the board contact page.Thank you to the following people for the feedback: Karen Truong, Annie Nguyen, and Tuan PhamNew features:
- Have you ever wondered who has the most service, leadership , or fellowship hours? What about families? Well now you have the ability to view that! Paid Member Feature.
- Are you good at finding easter eggs, or accumulated achievements in real life? You can also track that through the leaderboards!
- View the Leaderboards!Thank you again for letting me serve you today, and I hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th!
I am excited! Aren't you? This website is the culmination of late-night code-fu and years of experience under my belt! I am proud to be your Technology Chair for the 2013-2014 term, and I hope you will welcome me with open arms.The reason for the Peter Pan website being lacking in updates is because I've been focusing my attention wholly on this website. There is nothing more exciting than the initial website launch. And you're an integral part of this website, just like how important you are in this organization.Everything on this website was built with YOU in mind. From the Circle K Nexus (I'll touch up on what that is in a bit) to the little details, everything has been designed with care and compassion knowing that every bit counts.I have given this website my all, and with that my love for little easter eggs. (Oh,ho ho, you'll find out what those are in the coming months!) I have cared for this website like it is my own child, and seeing it run off is exhilarating, yet terrifying.This organization needs you, and this website exlemplifies that ethic. :)Each feature has been carefully considered and I'd like to show you.
- CKI Nexus - The Circle K Nexus is the information backbone for this website. It manages everything from member hours to this very announcement post.
- Event System - The event system was designed to streamline the process of getting the information about our events straight to you!
- Club Event Report Form System - The CERF system was built with sleekness in mind, and every step was carefully considered. No more emailing, no more figuring out the small details.. it is all there for you now.
- Chairing System - Want to chair an event? Just click the "BE THE CHAIR" button next to any event that doesn't have a chair yet! It's that simple.
- Sign Up system - Want to go to an event? Even simpler. If you are a registered member, you can access the ONE CLICK sign up system. Want to resign from an event? You can do it right away, hassle free. If you are not registered, there is an automatically generated form you can fill out, yep! We haven't forgotten the guests!
- Sign Up Sheets - If you are a chair, you automatically get the sign up sheet unlocked. No more Google Doc permissions, no more hassle, it just works.
- Nexus Account - Your Nexus account is what runs this website. Your account can be modified at the CKI Nexus.
- Member Hours - Once a CERF is turned in and approved, your membership hours are automatically logged and available for your consumption. Just check out the Nexus!
- Messaging System - Need to contact someone? Don't know their contact information? You're in luck! The CKI Nexus has the ability to relay messages between any other Nexus user. Nifty huh?
- Notification System - Instant gratification. Just like Facebook, you get notifications in (almost) real-time. This is hooked into the messaging system and the CERF system! Now you know when certain things come in!
- Achievement System - A collaboration with the Vice President of Service, Tuan Pham, you can now recieve achievements. This may sometimes be rewarded in the form of physical buttons or just as an easter egg!
- Shoutbox - Yes, even this little thing was built by me. This automatically hooks into your Nexus account, and it supports anonymous/guest messages!
- ...and much more..!If that list wasn't exhaustive enough... tell me! I'll be glad to take in any feedback. :)What are you waiting for? Go register today!Baldwin Chang2013-2014 Technology ChairUCI Circle K